Representative Greg Smith Brings State Dollars to HD 57
SALEM, Ore. – Yesterday, as a member of the Subcommittee on Capital Construction, Representative Greg Smith (GOP-Heppner) voted to secure over $20 Million in Capital Construction investments to be distributed throughout House District 57.
“It is important to return tax dollars paid by the hard-working people of House District 57 back into the community,” said Representative Smith. “I’m pleased that significant investments in education, public safety and mental health, water, and transportation were secured this session.”
Below is a breakdown of the budget allocations:
- Umatilla County Jail Expansion/Mental Health: $1.6 Million
- Early Childhood Education in Hermiston and the Port of Morrow: $2.4 Million
- Umatilla Surface Water Pumping and Wastewater Treatment: $7 Million
- Condon Airport Runway Renovation: $2.6 Million
- Blue Mountain Community College facility for animal science programs: $6.5 Million
“Funding the Umatilla County jail expansion was my top priority this session,” continued Smith. “This investment will give our public safety personnel the space and tools needed to help those in crisis. With the assistance of Sheriff Rowan, Senator Hansell, and Representative Barreto we were able to successfully ensure project funding.”
The Capital Construction bills (HB 5006, HB 5030, and HB 5050) will go to the House and Senate for final votes later this week.