SALEM, Ore. – State Representative Greg Smith (GOP-Heppner) has been appointed by House Speaker Tina Kotek to serve on the following committees in the 80th Legislative Assembly:
- Joint Ways and Means Committee, Co-Vice Chair
- Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on General Government, Co-Chair
- Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on Capital Construction
- Joint Student Success Committee, Co-Vice Chair
- Joint Tax Expenditures Committee
- Joint Legislative Administration Committee
- Joint Legislative Audit Committee
- House Committee on Revenue
In addition to Representative Smith’s committee assignments, he has also been appointed by HouseRepublican Leader Carl Wilson to continue to serve as the Caucus Budget Chair.
“I am honored to have been appointed to these positions by my colleagues and look forward to the opportunity to continue to serve in a leadership capacity,” said Representative Smith. “These committee appointments will allow me to continue to bring House District 57’s voice to the table as I work with my colleagues to craft solutions to the issues facing our great state.”
On January 14, Representative Smith will be sworn in for his tenth consecutive term serving as a Member of the Oregon House of Representatives. He will be the longest serving member of the GOP caucus. As the State Representative for House District 57, Representative Smith serves constituents in Umatilla, Morrow, Gilliam, Sherman and Wasco Counties.